11.02.2006

Hello, followers,

Woe is Garhuckle.

Jackle and I have crashed on the little-known island nation of Traulasia, in a particularly remote area. We were fortunate to meet a local: Paula Rarkino Sinclare. She took us back to her house to stay until we can leave Traulasia, which has no means of going overseas. Jackal and I started work on a shikara, a type of indian boat, but he was taken suddenly ill, and died later that evening of what Paula was able do identify as Whipple's disease, apparently common in those parts.

Later I was forced to cannibalise Jackal as Paula had no corned beef, and the only restaurant in 200 miles was Greek.

Despite my loss and despite being lost, I have managed to draw my entry to Illustration Friday on this week's topic: Wind. Luckily on Traulasia they have scanners and a surprisingly sophisticated broadband system. The post will appear later this evening.

I remain stranded on Traulasia, and I continue work on the shikara.

May your day be better than mine has been,
G. Caprice

P.S. You may wish to visit Paula's blog here.

No comments: